A Fabulous Morning

I have this pile of laundry in my bedroom on my bedroom floor IN MY BEDROOM for a over a month...yep, did I mention it was IN MY BEDROOM? They WERE clean once upon a time. It got moved from the dryer to my bed then to the floor. Then the pile got sorted and it got smaller and the new clean piles got added on....Of course, none of the stuff on the floor is mine. They belong to my husband who is always so agreeable to help me, and my daughters' "leftover" clothing that they don't seem to want anymore.

I have been waiting patiently for my family to come back and proclaim what is rightfully theirs, like they do with cookies and brownies... I know for sure if they can remember the cookie they had asked me to "save" for them for over a month ago, they can remember the laundry in my bedroom that I've been saving for them to fold. I am a firm believer in "teaching them the correct principle and let them govern themselves".

Well, none of them came back and  I've decided to attack the pile of beast this morning and put them back to the drawers where they belong with dust and all.  Most importantly, my bedroom floor is CLEAN!!...until I wash some more, which is right after I post this. But right now, right this minute, I just feel so accomplished - my life again has meaning.

Also this morning, I "battled" with Sage and I WON!!! (Big Grin)
Let me say it again,  I WON!!!! (Look,  my blogging this early in the morning is the sure evidence that  the wild Sage has been tamed!!)
This has been a great morning and it's not even 9 o'clock yet!

I had wanted to post a picture of the pile of laundry for you to admire but decided that I don't want you to know what disgusting pigs we were, but now you know anyway.
I will take any advice if you have one as to how to deal with my laundry problem.

9 comments:

I Sing said...

Okay, I will leave a comment! You might try getting a basket for each child. Put the clothes that belong to them in their basket and the basket in their room. Then they can pull their own clean clothes out of the basket and you can have a clean floor. Of course, there is always Andrew to consider and your children might mix up the clean for the dirty...but maybe that is their problem! Love you!

The Herd Mom said...

Yeah, I have a laundry problem too. I'd love to give you advice, but I got nothin'.

Stan said...

I remember the whole laundry to bed thing,then onto a chair if it didn't get folded. In my last house I had a laundry closest instead of a room. I have a great system for laundry now. I fold out of the dryer onto the top of my front loaders or counter into piles. Then I put them into baskets for each child. Those baskets are then carried into their room to put away. Tuesday is my laundry day. I don't worry about it any other day, unless there is an emergency (throw up sheets and blankets). Fold as you go, it makes you feel better. Put on a great talk tape or music c.d. to listen to while you're stuck in one area. Gotta go change the load. Love ya

Jill said...

Always have a laundry day. I do all my laundry on Mondays. It's not considered done until I've washed, folded, put away, AND ironed everything. Sometimes I'm up late on Mondays finishing but I don't have to worry about or look at any laundry for a whole week. This works great for me.

I've personally never seen the kid basket thing work without much effort and proding from the mother. I'd just as soon do it myself and get it over with.

Britanee Walker said...

i'm so glad that i'm not the only one who does that :) i've learned to also just fold right out of the dryer but that's not always the case. good luck and know that you're not alone :)

Summer said...

HAHAHA - too funny. I almost just did a post about laundry too.

Dave and I were WAY behind and we just knocked it out this past weekend - I wash and he puts away. Gotta love that system!

So anyways just to give you an idea of how many clothes we're talking about here at the bottom of one hamper there were t-shirts from our family reunion...which was in AUGUST! So no laundry tips from me.

And I also have done the dance from dryer to top of dryer to bed to floor to...washer again :-)

Kendall and Melissa said...

Too funny! Mine usually sits all over my living room because then I get to it a little faster. If I put it in my room...well it gets dirty before it gets folded. Glad I'm not the only one!

MommaFiona said...

Isn't it amazing how thoughts about laundry bring out a whole slew of comments. I love it when I've met a new friend and we get to the laundry conversation. It's so honest to talk about this thing that plagues us all, yet we are usually too embarassed to admi to the laundry that has been on the floor for a month.

I too am guilty. I'm great at keeping all the clothes washed, with 7 kids, there is always a load in, but I try a new system every week for trying to get it folded and put away. Every day last week I had to look for socks for my 5 year old. This week I just bought him new socks. Saturday night my husband read New Moon to me for an hour and 45 minutes while I folded and put away clothes. I keep my little kid's clothes in my room so I can fold it all and put it away instead of putting it in a basket and walking it to their rooms. It means the littles are always in my room, but it works for me, at least this week.

Valerie said...

Fantastic! Now you can come over an do my piles of laundry. And you're welcome to put the laundry away, but I wouldn't bother, if I were you, because my two-year-old can empty her dresser drawers in 2 seconds flat!! Miss you, Chaoyi! Just ran into Anne, and she sent me the link to your blog. We just moved to Alexandria, VA. Hope we can meet us sometime!

My Blog List