Beautiful Jade
Tomorrow is Jade's birthday. She turns 12!
When Jade was born in Taiwan, Andrew called to tell his mother about the birth of his first child. This was their conversation (something like this, anyway):
"Hello...just wanted you to know you have a new grand-daughter."
"Oh, how wonderful!!"
"Yeah, she weighs 6 and a half lbs..."
"I am putting her birthday on my calendar. (talking to herself) February 22nd..."
"No Mom, today is February 23rd!!"
"No, today is the 22nd. The 23rd is tomorrow!!"
Chuckles..."Well, it's the 23rd in Taiwan!"
Andrew's mom called all his other 8 siblings and had a great difficulty explaining how this new baby is supposed to be born tomorrow their time but had already been born in Taiwan...
Jade -at one day old. I thought she was mature looking, meaning she wasn't very wrinkley like most babies.

Jade - at three months old. This is her passport picture we had taken in preparation for her returning to the US.
My Dad looked at the picture and exclaimed: "She looks like a future American President!"
Jade - 2 years old.

Jade- 4 years old.

Fast forward...
Jade - 9 years old.
Jade- 11 years old.
Jade and Amanda - Best friends!
After the pool
Hand-Dipped Messy Affair
Aspen: This is so messy, I am gonna use chopsticks!!
Mom: I thought the fun is that it's hand-dipped.
Aspen: I don't care, I am Chinese. I can use chopsticks!
After Aspen demonstrated how successful chopsticks-dipping chocolates can be, everyone else followed suit.
Jae-hee, the Korean girl, reaffirmed that chopsticks was the smart idea. "Look at this perfect little ball!! Who wants it - A perfect little ball!"
This is their conversation while dipping using chopsticks.
"This is such a better idea!"
"I like Asian dipped chocolates!"
"Yeah, I like Asian dipped chocolates too!"
"Yeah, Asian dipped chocolates are cool!"
Before using the chopsticks, this is what we have:
And followed by immediate rewards!!
Like this:
And this:
Amanda - she didn't even care that I was snapping pictures of her devouring her hand.
Me: Amanda, can I put these pictures of you on my blog?
Amanda: What? I will be famous - but in a bad way...(shrugs) Sure!
Here is Amanda. Enjoy!
I just LOVE this girl~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To me, this is not just any birthday party. My first child is moving on to Young Womens! It feels like such a big mile stone for me as well. In my mind, I am seeing myself dropping her off at the steps of her college, and crying as I steal glances of her from the rear view mirror...
Jade was spotlighted in Primary today by her dad. It was such a sweet tender moment as Andrew talked about his daughter. He and Jade share an intimate bond. He is such a great dad for her, they have many lengthy conversations together where she sits on his lap. He is really good for the kids that way. He has the patience of a Saint. And she really needs his steadfastness.
Just look at these girls, and their fabulous age!
How precious are our daughters!
A very happy birthday to my amazing Jade!!
12 years old!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
ah i can't believe she's turning 12 AND going into YW! that just doesn't seem right to me, i keep thinking she's aspen's age (when we taught her in primary). holy cow! congrats to you for making it to 12 years ;)
happy birthday jade!!! we can't wait to have you in YW :o)
Thanx.
--Jade
Happy Happy birthday Jade. I love the pics of her growing up.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADE (well, yesterday)! That's funny about her being born on the 22nd here in the US, but the 23rd in Taiwan. Do you end up celebrating on the 22nd (since it's already the 23rd in Taiwan)?? Loved all these pics!!!! Too bad I'm not in YW's anymore!! :( I was SO looking forward to having Jade in my class! I'm excited to hear how she likes it! That's great that she already has such good friends in there! Her party looked DElicious!!! :)
What a fun mom you are letting 12 year old girls dip chocolates all over your kitchen. I can't believe you're old enough to have a daughter that old. The best is yet to come- THE TEENAGE YEARS!!!!!! yeah!!!!! Jade is so beautiful and always has been. It looks like she has great friends, such a blessing.
Oh how I love your daughter!! I am going to miss Jade sooo much in primary. But I know what a huge deal it is to be OUT of primary so Hip Hip Horah!
I love all that you wrote about your first born. What a beautiful daughter you have. Give yourself a HUGe pat on the back for being such a fabulous parent (and Andrew too). ( Loved her spotlight too. )
Jade has always emulated calm and serenity. She seemed mature beyond her years, even when I first met her, when she was four. What a precious spirit you've been given to raise. Happy birthday, Jade!
I'm so glad that you sent me an email about your Mormon Prom post so I could know about your blog! Jade is a beautiful young woman, I guess I forgot that she was growing up all this time, but Noah is about to turn 12 in May too. I can't believe it.
I love the Asian dipped chocolates :)
Post a Comment