Random Things

After a full winter of feasting on Kettle cooked potato chips, chocolates and other sinful indulgence, when spring came this year, the pants I have been wearing for the last few years seemed to have shrunk at the hip. It has been a little hard to take. But I've finally stopped groaning. When my mom visited me in the summer, she agreed I was in fact, fat. The same summer, I picked up my sister who I haven't seen in seven years from the airport, she looked at me up and down for a while, and kindly shared her observation with me: "Your stomach is a little bit big." If you think it's just my family and that they say crazy things, wait till you hear this: There is an elderly Chinese grandma who walks her grandkids to the bus stop every morning. I haven't seen her since autumn of last year. I saw her this fall in the beginning of school year, after greeting one another, she said: "Hey, you look like you've gained weight."

Oh really? I had no idea. Thanks for the detailed observation...
Perhaps Sage saw the change in me, or maybe she was merely joking, but a couple of days ago she said this to me:

Mom, you have a big bum like Daddy's. (very exaggeratedly separating her right hand and her left hand, making a HUGE, wide gap in between.) Then with one shoulder slightly raised and her head bend to the side to accentuate her cuteness, she said this accompanied by a sweet smile:
But I will not tell you it is Giant.

Here is what else is on Sage's mind:

Sage took out a spaghetti strapped sun dress and asked: Mom, I am going to wear this with nothing inside to show my shoulders, only for inside the house, ok?
I answered: No.
Sage: Oh, please, please, plea-sssee... I will give you a kiss?
After repeated refusal by her mom, before Sage stormed off, she gave me a glaring look and said: "I don't 'fink' I want you to be my mom anymore."

Sage met up with Andrew when he got home and said: "Daddy, I ate a piece of your gum. But it's ok - I forgive you."

Sage to Jade: "Stop talking! I am 'finking'!"

Follow me in the next post: Summer 2010... that was when I still liked Sage and took lots of pictures of her.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Remember Choa Yi, fat is all relative. Compared to us gigantic Americans, you're tiny!

Unknown said...

Sorry, but I had to laugh at this...kids are great!

Valerie said...

Sage, cracks me up! My favorite was the gum comment. She's hilarious!

My Blog List