Sage Is BACK

If you remember, I wrote a farewell post about the ill manners of Sage. Afterwards, I rolled up my sleeves and went to work on training her to be a good citizen. I am happy to say that she is mostly pleasant these days. But of course, her being Sage, I should've known that she would save her treacherous ways for a more worthy foe - her elder sister.


Jade came to me this morning and related to me the following story. Here is what happened:

This morning, Sage found Jade sitting at the dining table eating cereal. She stood there watching Jade for a moment, then finding she didn't receive the attention she deserved, she started stomping forcefully on the floor.
(Stomp) paused for 3 seconds looking for reactions, received none...
(Stomp) paused for another 3 seconds, again, didn't get a reaction.
(Stomp) again, 3 second watch, this time, Jade finally looked at her.
"What?!" said Jade.
"I (stomp).want(stomp).a bowl (stomp).of (stomp).CEREAL (stomp)!" Sage stated her intention with her winning attitude.
Jade gave her a look of "you don't scare me" and told her to get her own bowl and went back to eating and reading (which is, of course, not permitted at the dining table.)

Sage: "No."(stomp)
Jade:"Get your own bowl or I'll spank you." (Such an attitude would surely get her in trouble.)

"OK" submissive Sage scurried away...

Tomorrow Sage starts her second day in preschool. As much as she is a handful, I miss her quite a bit. I think it's very hard to have your baby grow up and leave you...


5 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

love the update! she could do great in drama when she gets older ;)

Jill said...

Ah, she's a new person. Good job mom.

Stan said...

Someday you will look back and revel in the Sage adventures. Such fun stories to tell her husband.

Jim said...

I enjoy your blog!

Jim said...

This story about Sage "is just amazing and more amazing and more amazing than amazing"!

My Blog List