Andrew
Tomorrow is my Andrew's birthday. We've been married for 13 years. Sometimes I watch him study or being with the kids and I think to myself: "How did I get so lucky?"
I can't talk about my husband without saying something about his mother,too. Andrew's mom is the most Christ-like woman I've ever met. Her countenance radiates love and she spends her days in the service of others. Everything I love about Andrew is a reflection of this great woman. Happy Birthday to you too, mom, we love you!!
God knew what he was doing when he sent Andrew's best friend to the Vancouver, Canada Mission some 15 years ago. It was no coincidence that after a few failed attempts by other missionaries, Andrew's friend was the only one able to convince me to listen to the missionary discussions, subsequently, humbled me enough so I FINALLY really listened...
Andrew is the piece that completes my puzzle. He is my logic. When my frantic thoughts get too much for me, Andrew speaks something like an iceberg, if an iceberg could speak, and that calms me. My parents are baffled by me, their non-conventional, only Chinese by birth daughter. With me marrying Andrew, they had gained a Chinese son in the form of a white boy. Andrew learned to speak Chinese to impress my father. He decided to learn how to write in Chinese soon after, his characters (Chinese writings) are like something that came out of Chinese newsprint. Andrew is adored in Taiwan. He sits down with the locals and eats the street foods like he has been eating them all his life. Here is a little something about my husband.
He is:
Brilliant
Musical
Steady
Noble
Loyal
Peaceful
Faithful
Respectful
God-fearing
Assuring
Patient
Tolerant
Undaunted
Loving
Accepting
Gentle
Soft-spoken
Supportive
Unassuming
Happy
Loves Unconditionally
Here are a few of my favorite things about my husband:
He is not a complainer.
I can't talk about my husband without saying something about his mother,too. Andrew's mom is the most Christ-like woman I've ever met. Her countenance radiates love and she spends her days in the service of others. Everything I love about Andrew is a reflection of this great woman. Happy Birthday to you too, mom, we love you!!
God knew what he was doing when he sent Andrew's best friend to the Vancouver, Canada Mission some 15 years ago. It was no coincidence that after a few failed attempts by other missionaries, Andrew's friend was the only one able to convince me to listen to the missionary discussions, subsequently, humbled me enough so I FINALLY really listened...
Andrew is the piece that completes my puzzle. He is my logic. When my frantic thoughts get too much for me, Andrew speaks something like an iceberg, if an iceberg could speak, and that calms me. My parents are baffled by me, their non-conventional, only Chinese by birth daughter. With me marrying Andrew, they had gained a Chinese son in the form of a white boy. Andrew learned to speak Chinese to impress my father. He decided to learn how to write in Chinese soon after, his characters (Chinese writings) are like something that came out of Chinese newsprint. Andrew is adored in Taiwan. He sits down with the locals and eats the street foods like he has been eating them all his life. Here is a little something about my husband.
He is:
Brilliant
Musical
Steady
Noble
Loyal
Peaceful
Faithful
Respectful
God-fearing
Assuring
Patient
Tolerant
Undaunted
Loving
Accepting
Gentle
Soft-spoken
Supportive
Unassuming
Happy
Loves Unconditionally
Here are a few of my favorite things about my husband:
He is not a complainer.
He sees the good in all people.
He takes walks with us on Sundays even when he would rather stay home and read LDS.org
He has a few times opted to not tell me about his upcoming exams or papers so he can spend time with family without me feeling guilty.
I married an absolute STELLAR MAN, honorable and true. My North Star.
--
He takes walks with us on Sundays even when he would rather stay home and read LDS.org
He has a few times opted to not tell me about his upcoming exams or papers so he can spend time with family without me feeling guilty.
I married an absolute STELLAR MAN, honorable and true. My North Star.
--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
he's an amazing man. lucky that's he's yours (pretty sure he says the exact same thing about you too) :)
happy birthday andrew!
I know that Andrew is all that. I am lucky to have him as a brother and an example. I love him too!
Happy Birthday Uncle Andy! I hope you have the best day! It is so good to read all of these things about you. You are a great husband and father.
I have nothing to add. He is definitely ALL THAT.
Love you, bro!
Awww happy birthday to Andrew! What a sweet commentary. Oh and this is Krista and not Travis but I'm too lazy to log out and log back in as me.
This is a great post girl. Andrew is truly a very good man. He does have a way of just making everything around him feel peaceful. I'm so glad you appreciate all his good qualities. You are a lucky girl.
Beautiful Post, Chaoyi! Happy Birthday, Andrew!
What a beautiful tribute to your husband. I am still amazed at how eloquently you express yourself through the written word. It appears that he possesses all the important qualities. He is lucky to have you also.
Post a Comment