ONCE UPON A TIME Mormon Prom 2011

With a month left to Mormon Prom, I got demoted from a Stake YW's calling to a ward YW's calling. (I was kidding about being demoted, though it did mean that on the ward level I have to work harder.)
Emotions were high for me when the bishop extended this call to me, with one standing out above them all - "overwhelmed." Andrew had been out of town in the meantime, and wouldn't be back until after prom is over. The month felt like a whirlwind; even now, after the Prom has been over for a week, I am still recovering from mental exhaustion and physical fatigue. My children played a big part in making it successful - Jade has been pulling some heavy duty baby sitting for me in the last little while, and they have been so very patient with my schedule. I don't know how they survived really, I attribute that entirely to the tender mercies of the Lord.

Last year, I was handed the theme "A Night in Venice". This year, shortly after it was decided that I would take on Mormon Prom again, the theme "Once Upon a Time" came to mind. The youth liked it, and so it was. The invitation to participate with us was extended to 20 other stakes.

Mormon Prom was a success, I am happy to say, but even happier and greatly relieved that it is over. Thank you to Jenni Hale, the Stake YW's secretary, my old comrade who worked tirelessly on the smoke breathing dragon and worked herself into kidney stones.

Here is Once Upon a Time, Mormon Prom 2011 hosted by Seneca Stake. Also, look here for pictures from last year's prom.


Click here to view these pictures larger

5 comments:

Jill said...

Now that's what I call a project! Holy Cow!

Nicely done, but I bet you're glad that's over.

Unknown said...

You are seriously AMAZING!! Do they realize how lucky they are to have you :)

Some youth from our Stake went again, I even saw one of them in your pics.

Kristin is Livin'OutLoud said...

I am truly amazed at the Gifts Heavenly Father has bestowed upon you and how well you share them with others. The stake is missing out on having you but I am sure glad you will be one of the women training my daughters in the ways of the Lord!

Belinda said...

That looks absolutely amazing. I want you on my team if I ever had to plan something big. You have talent oozing from your pores. I don't think any of our youth have ever experienced anything quite that spectacular. You go girl!

Valerie said...

You are simply amazing, Chaoyi! Those kids will remember it the rest of their lives!

My Blog List