Sage means Wise
Me to Sage: "Let's go and get some lunch!"
She replies: "It had BETTER be candy!!"
I had finished making dinner already and so I obviously KNEW what was for dinner. I don't know why I asked, but I did:
"Sage, what ya want for dinner?"
"I dunno, what ya got?"
Kirin was being super energetic one night and basically acting crazy, which Jade and Aspen looked on with much amusement.
Sage was drawing a picture, unaffected, completely in the zone.
After this had been going on for a while, Sage turned to her brother and, pronouncing each word clearly and solemnly: "Brother, is it... FUN... to be stupid?"
I found some Fun Dip candy in the store, and I thought how much Sage would enjoy it. So I bought it and introduced it to her one day when she was watching her princess movie. Because I am a good mom like that. I showed her to suck on the dipping stick to get it wet so she can dip it into the colored sugar. She thought the whole process was pure heaven.
After a while I asked if she had finished it. She showed me the much smaller dipping stick in her hand and announced: "I finished the Fun, but not the Dip."
I got a card from Sage for Mother's Day. She made it in preschool.
The bolded part is what she filled in. I really like her imagination.
My Mom is 159 years old.
My mom looks beautiful when it's my birthday.
All day, my mom goes shopping, takes me to my friend's house, and makes cookies.
In her defense, all my kids wish they had a mom that would make homemade cookies, served to them warm with a glass of cold milk. I did start making some pretty-looking cupcakes, if that makes any difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You look great for being 159 :)
Kids are so funny!
She is a hoot. I bet there is never a dull moment at your house.
Post a Comment