School starts

Is there a blogging etiquette? What I can say or not say on the blog?

I watched my 11 year old daughter get on the bus to middle school today. She looked scared and small. Who would've thought little girls or boys would grow up, in only 7 years, she will be off to college. I feel as if I am losing her already.

I want to drive over and spy on her today, just to make sure she has someone to talk to during lunch. Is she finding the bathroom? Do the kids in older grades push her around? Is she getting lost in a big school? Does she miss home....

She had a hard time opening her lockers during school open house, I wonder if she is able to open hers today...

Life feels different today. My husband just barely started his second year in med school... I checked, there are 17 weeks in this semester. Only 17 weeks, I can do 17 weeks. I've done it this many years and I can push it through again... today I can...

Andrew studies while the kids are growing up. I feel old.

ps: I have only one son, i need another for him to play with, he needs to come fully assembled, 6-8 year old, know where to get one?

7 comments:

Safire said...

I just read through your blog. Thanks for sharing! :) And she'll get the hang of opening her locker eventually. We all do. :)

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, Jade is in middle school!!! Where has the time gone? I can't believe it. I'm sure she will do just find after a brief period of adjustment. Go jade. And Choa-yi, 17 weeks in nothing in the vast scheme of things.

tylerandmommy said...

Oh Jade is going to LOVE middle school! She will find one REALLY good friend and they will have the time of their lives. She will definitely get used to opening a locker, and people won't push her around - she's too cute and nice. And you still have Sage at home, right?

Stan said...

I can't believe you are old enough to have a daughter that old. You will always be young though, full of spunk and attitude ( in a good way of course). Your children are so beautiful. I remember when I was in middle school. Some girl told me I was developing and needed to wear a you know what - I was mortified. I hope that wasn't too embarrassing to leave as a comment. The joys of growing up.

Kendall and Melissa said...

You could borrow Talmage for a while, but he's only 2 1/2. Will that work?

The Pickled Red Herring said...

There IS a blogging etiquette! Here are the rules:
1. Only blog about things that directly or indirectly make you look like a superior parent.
2. Never blog about anything that might inspire people to call child services.
3. When posting pictures, only post the ones that make you look like a supermodel, and the ones of your kids that make it look like you dress them up and do their hair like that every day.
4. If someone else blogs about something awesome or educational they have been doing with their kids, quickly blog about how you are doing the same things, only better.

Clearly I am the #1 offender of Blog Etiquette.

I LOVED your first-day-of-school account! Your worries are so cute. Travis's mom admitted to him just recently that when his kindergarten class went on a field trip to the zoo, and wouldn't let her come as a chaperone, she came anyway and followed the class around the zoo, hiding behind trees. I thought it was such a cute and mother-ish story! This is really long. Sorry.

Emilie said...

fully assembled - ah i love it.

My Blog List