The wisdom of Pooh

If you read my last blog, you will know my husband is now offically out of the country for two weeks. I dropped him off at the metro station for him to catch a train to the airport and drove the rest of the family to a ward party. We had a blast, all without him!


I've been without a husband for as long as I've been married to him, it seems - It will be 13 years by tomorrow! When I was young and didn't know better, I thought once I reach a certain age and I will have this. And when I reach that age, I will have that. It seemed I measure my success to what I can obtain in life and on a fantasy marriage that does not exist and I put an age limit as to when I should have all of my wants. I am not saying my marriage is bad, it's actually as solid as ever. I am just saying that it's natural for our hearts to have those wanting,of things better,of a kind of life that we wanted since young girls. If you asked me 10 years ago how I pictured my life would be and compared to what my life is now, they can't be more different. But what's interesting is that I actually do like my life. Why shouldn't I, I am in it, might as well love it!! I have to admit it is a bit sacry that I am 36 and I am just figuring out that even long after we stop throwing temper tantrams, we still don't get what we want most of the time. The trick is to find happiness no matter where we are in life.

In one of the Winnie the Pooh book, Christopher Robin says this to his dear friend, Pooh: " If there's ever a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must remember: You are braver then you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." How sweet and reassuring are these words. Sometimes I find myself thinking this phrase to myself when I am a little down. It helps me to focus on my strength and my blessings, and I thank God for friends who love me despite of my flaws, like Christopher Robin is to Pooh. I think secertly we all wish we have a little bit of Pooh in us that can be completely content with life just with a jar of honey!




2 comments:

Jill said...

Very nice post Choayi. You have learned a lot on your little journey. No truer words were spoken, the trick to life is learning to be happy in any circumstance. I think people surprise themselves when they find that they can do that pretty well. You're a good person Choayi and I'm glad you are my friend.

Stan said...

Beautifully said. I ditto Jill. Happiness is not measured by things, it is in the becoming where we find true joy. The way you express yourself I would think you were born English speaking. So glad we're friends. Blogging is a great way to keep in touch. Thanks for sharing.

My Blog List