Sage rules!

I thought I will post this old email since I am sort of on a "Sage rush." This incident happened about 9 months ago, while my husband was out of town for 2 months, I had a whole house to pack and a car to be shipped across the country...yep, need I say more?

Enjoy!!

I had the most “interesting” day today with the kids, and I thought it would be selfish of me to not share it with you on the joy of motherhood.

First I took the kids to the store for groceries; Sage grabbed a small individual sized yogurt and was determined to open it. The container fell to the floor and cracked. One of the kids picked up and handed to me to look at, while we were busy looking at the crack, Sage licked off the spilled yogurt on the grocery store floor! Yum, Boysenberry!

We came home with bags of food, the girls was nice enough to help me put the food in the fridge. Aspen had the milk, I went upstairs to do something, then I heard Jade running up the stairs and telling me that I must do down at once and look at the milk. Ok, so I obediently went and “looked at” the milk, ahh, no big deal, just the circle piece on the milk carton broke while being transported from the dinning table to the fridge, leaving a great pool of milk all over the kitchen floor, under the fridge and wherever else running liquid wants to go.

After we got all the towels out and cleaned the milk, I again went upstairs to do whatever it was I was trying to do. Again, I heard of an accident, what now, I wondered? Upon entering the kitchen, I spotted a family sized yogurt lying perfectly still on the kitchen floor with yogurt all over the floor again. Oh, well, I wonder if I should bother cleaning it up, where is that floor licking Sage, maybe she can lick it up?

After all the turmoil, I felt pretty wear out, so I decided to take a nap. No sooner had I drifted off to sleep, Aspen bounced in to say: “Sorry to disturb you, but sister and I were wondering……”

All I’ve heard after that was blah, blah, blah. And like the typical Aspen’s thing to do, she bounced right out the room. So, that ended my peaceful nap.

Things were pretty uneventful the rest of the day until later on tonight, when Kirin, always building some new contraption, decided to use the tall standing fan to build something. Crack, went the body of the fan and the stand it stood on. I lay the fan on the carpet to see if there is some surgical procedure I may perform to save its life. And I realized there were lots of dust coming out from the fan. I went down to get the vacuum to clean it off and as I was moving the fan around, more dust came out. So I vacuumed some more. All of a sudden, the fan just magically turned on, blowing out a huge cloud of dust right on my face. I only caught a glimpse of my son’s horrifying face as the dust clouds had us completely surrounded. I was angry, I yelled at him thinking he had turned the fan on. He innocently points to Sage and said; “It was her.”

Well, dun, of course! The child who has the habit of licking the yogurt off the floor must be the one who turn on the fan while her mothers’ face was right on it. No jury, I am sure she is the guilty one!

Well, that was what happened to me, just a typical day as usual.

PS: For those of you who were interested, I skipped dinner. My mouth and nose is still filled with dust. What? How did it taste? Oh, delicious! Powdery protein with fine, smooth consistency. It’s a delicacy.

1 comments:

Stan said...

You did it. You finally are now an official blogger. You better not stop now. I found your post extremely entertaining and fun to read. You certainly are a woman with many talents. I would love to keep in touch through blogging. I better get my act together and catch up on my life. Thanks for sharing.

My Blog List