Winter Hibernation
Vote YES to Winter Hibernation!!
First off, it means no more laundry. None! Zip! Gone!
No more cooking!! Clean dishes for months!
No more picking up after! Sparkling house!
No more little whining voices. Sleeping children = quiet and angelic.
No more living in the car, chauffeuring around town. It means lower gas consumption, cleaner air, less green house gas!
No more need to buy expensive, bulky winter clothes. Save money!
No more thick quilts or blankets. More storage!
No more Halloweens! Yeah for me!
I am sure there are more benefits, just can’t think of any right now. But look how much more simplified our lives would be by hibernating for a season.
Maybe instead of discussing the world economy, international security, social progress and human rights at the UN, they could think more creatively and shift their focus to this issue. It might help everybody to be less cranky; perhaps it would finally achieve the world peace that they desperately try to bring about!
Wait! I think we should wake up in time for Christmas!
So hibernating from the 1st of October to the last day of November should suffice. Or we could always start after the New Year till the end of February…but I like to avoid Halloween if at all possible! Either way, we still have world peace 2 months out of the year!
Actually, maybe we can get more than 2 months out of this: Think, countries just don’t go to war after they wake up from a long sleep. They probably would have to shop and restock on food. Connect with their families and friends. Catch up on... well, no latest news. But even military has to have time to regroup, they can’t just go out and attack someone without first training the soldiers, doing drills, coming out with war strategies, thawing out their warheads (made in China)…etc. That would take up at least another 4 months. Combined with 2 months of hibernation, THAT, people, is world peace 6 months out of the year!!!
Surely you’d vote YES for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I want to sleep irresponsibly! Count me in!
Yes, I very much like this idea. I like it even more when I feel tired and feel like I can sleep for 2 months.
I also like it because I like to clean my house and have it stay clean. It would stay clean for a long time!
i completely agree with that idea! i like that my baby would sleep longer than one night. imagine how refreshed we'd be after waking up from a hibernation :) love it!
Count me in!
Hilarious, but a great idea. And Mom and Sara are not the only ones reading. Have you read Jennifer's blog? Also great reading. We love you! And miss you!
What a marvelous idea. Everyone always feel better after a good long sleep. I could do with one right now.
I'd vote for that! Especially if the Moms can wake up just a few days before the kids to get a headstart after hybernating!
Post a Comment